Being a partner in CGRS’ inner network means that you’ll be the first to hear about what’s currently trending at CGRS and in the regulatory world. This newsletter will highlight our focus and what we do every day – provide customized solutions and expertise to our clients. We want to share how we are working with other clients to solve problems, showcase important information surrounding regulatory issues, and offer inspiration for your own unique needs.
2017 Flowline Audits: Are You Prepared?
In January, the Colorado Oil and Gas Conservation Commission (COGCC) began audits for the 2016 compliance year for flowline integrity management programs. Are you prepared for the audit program and how it will affect you? Beyond simply knowing the regulations, our experts understand the processes employed to achieve regulatory compliance, and are here to help you navigate the process.
What You Need to Know: Program Basics
- Any site operating without a continuous monitoring system requires annual flowline testing of all applicable flowlines.
- Flowlines consist of any above or below ground oil, water or natural gas lines operating at greater than 15 psi located on-site and before any transfer of custody point.
- Flowline testing is required prior to initial operation and following a flowline repair.
- Records need to be kept for a minimum of three years and made available to COGCC in the event of an audit.
CGRS: Experienced in Flowline Testing
With over 25 years of flowline testing experience, we are equipped to provide you with a flowline integrity management program that will keep your facilities current with applicable regulations. Using a trailer specifically built for the task, we will:
- Pressure test your flowlines and record any degradation in pressure level for the duration of the test.
- Test each line per applicable requirements, and manage documentation for each flowline across all facilities as part of the flowline integrity management program.
- Handle the regulatory audit process for you and supply all required testing results so you are up to date on the integrity of your system.
Did you know?
If a flowline leak is discovered during annual testing CGRS is able to locate the exact leak location using our patented flowline helium leak detection process. No more digging up the entire flowline!
Having decades of experience navigating the ever-changing regulatory industry, we understand the importance of forming the right partnership for your oil and gas permitting, inspection and remediation needs.