FLIR technology helps identify emissions at fuel facilities
An expert response
In response to increased enforcement and regulatory revisions, CGRS Environmental and Compliance Services have collaborated to help GDF owners/operators address fugitive emissions during fuel transfers. CGRS Environmental Services has inspected oil and gas facilities for fugitive emissions for years, while Compliance Services provides testing, repairs, and services for USTs and fuel systems. Our certified thermographers are equipped with the same FLIR technology as the AQCD and work with compliance experts armed with extensive knowledge of fuel systems and the ability to make repairs.
CGRS can help GDF owners/operators:
- Verify that they are in compliance with air quality regulations;
- Identify where leaks are coming from;
- Make the necessary repairs;
- Provide visual documentation that their vapor-control systems are functioning properly after repairs;
- Develop site-specific operating procedures for fuel transfer from transportation trucks to USTs;
- Properly maintain their fuel systems;
- Perform pre-CDPHE inspection services to ensure customers’ fuel systems are leak-tight during gasoline transfers and avoid potential violations and fines.
If equipment is properly maintained and the transfer of fuel is performed correctly, GDFs can avoid potential violations. Contact CGRS at 800.288.2657 to schedule a FLIR inspection for your GDF today!