QUARTERLY ENERGY NEWS
At CGRS, we navigate the complicated regulations so you don’t have to. We are in a unique position to help prepare our clients for upcoming changes and how it applies to their specific operation, and we are here to help. If the fine print in the recently approved changes to CDPHE – Air Pollution Control Division Regulation 7 leaves you unsure of what to do next, give us a call and we will walk you through it. For more details, read on below.
CDPHE – Air Pollution Control Division Regulation 7
How do the changes to Regulation 7, effective December 30th, 2017, affect you as an oil and gas operator? There are many factors that may make the new regulations applicable to your facilities, or keep you out of the increased monitoring requirements including facility location, facility type, and type of product flowing through your site. Operators in the DJ Basin may be looking at an increase in the number of LDAR inspections that are required in 2018, in addition to recordkeeping, repair review, and reporting requirements.
Contact Craig Mulica at firstname.lastname@example.org today to review your facility details with you and determine your applicability at no cost.
A few of the key changes in the LDAR requirements for 2018 are:
- Beginning June 30, 2018, the LDAR inspection frequency at your facility may change as follows:
- Well production facilities with VOC emissions ≥ 1 ton per year (TPY) and ≤ 6 TPY may need to be inspected on an annual basis.
- Well production facilities with VOC emissions ≥ 6 TPY may need to be inspected at a minimum of semi-annually.
- Natural gas compressor stations may need to be inspected for leaks at a minimum frequency of quarterly.
- In addition to a first attempt at repair being required within 5 days, and remonitoring within 15 days of repair, it may now be required that the repair is completed within 30 days, or within 2 years if a shutdown is required.
CONTACT US: 800.288.2657
CGRS specializes in keeping you in compliance with Colorado’s ever-changing Oil & Gas regulations. Contact us to review your facility emissions and details, and schedule your 2018 LDAR inspections. Regulatory Solutions Delivered!