• High resolution (sub-inch ground sample distances)
• High accuracy ensured by real-time kinematic global positioning system (RTK GPS) ground control points
• Capture existing site conditions (pre-construction, construction and post-construction)
• Verify grade, elevation changes and surface flow directions
• Verify as-built conditions post-construction
• Various data formats available: LiDAR, CAD, SHP, etc.
• Useful for performing volumetric analysis of stockpiles and excavations
• Frequent revisits possible for site documentation and progress/ change tracking